Friday, March 18, 2011

Kok Wei

Sigh...
Since young, my friends used to tell me whenever they heard someone shouting for "Kok Wei" in a public place, they are usually happy to know Kok Wei is there. Of course they were disappointed when that "Kok Wei" is not this "Kok Wei". What's worst, most Kok Wei(S) on earth are male. -.-

Being the rare female Kok Wei, I have no problems growing up in girls' school. The moment I step into college, I always hope none in the class have the same name as me. Fuuuh...I was lucky last few years. Of course funny things happened. My roommate, a girl, was happily chatting with new friends when we first enter college. She was happily telling everyone that her roommate is someone from the management course. Since we were all new n unfamiliar with the actual course name and roommate's name, someone said Kok Hooi and she said: Yes, that's my roommate. Gosh, everyone stared at her...Hello, Kok Hooi is a guy from Management. Dear roommate, ur roommate, that's me, is from Accountancy, and my name is Kok Wei.

Enough of that, when I start my degree, a little bit nervous bout names again. Anyway, nothing happened. Until recently when I dun care much about the threat of my name. It happens.

We were told to be the crew of university open game. So, while I was checking my name on the list, my friend said, check Court 2, ur name is there, but they typed wrongly. So, I was laughing away. Why do they change my surname? And my friend said, I dunno, Silap la tu. Well, well, hours before the even starts, the friend called. You must be at the sport complex by.....bla...bla..bla..I replied: How come no one send message to me to inform me bout tis?
Then she said: Because you signed at Wong Kok Wei. No typing error, that's another person's name.
Oh gosh, I didnt check the phone no. either. No wonder no one inform me bout the event.
MALUNYA!

No comments: